So a couple days ago I ran out to a garden near my work, up at Tudor City, hoping to come back with photographic evidence of spring's harbingers. Alas, it's still too soon. I think this winter was colder and snowier than last, so it's taking longer for things to sprout.
But look!
Actual growing things!
In my fifth East Coast winter I'm still surprised when it becomes clear that the cold, dark days won't last forever. But I'm also savvier about knowing where to look for promises of the summer to come. I'll keep looking; you keep checking back here. (And also, of course, stop and look around you--the signs are there!)
1 comments:
Should I tell you the baby blue eyes are blooming every where? Do you really need to know the forsythia is in full bloom and all the plum trees are gorgeous? How about the bouquet of daffodils one of the teachers brought in today. Was I enjoying the 70 degree weather today? Yes. Am I rubbing it in just a bit? Yep!
Post a Comment