
Hott. This photo rocks for so many reasons. Missing front teeth? Check. Pigtails? Check. Oversize '80s sunglasses? Quadruple check.
There are very few photos from my childhood that have been scanned, so thanks, Steven, for posting this. It should be an enticement for all of you to go check out my brother's post at Passing Perception about his recent trip back home and to the ski resort we all frequented as kids. I cannot tell you how vivid my junior-high memories are of that place, and how much I wish I could experience its natural beauty again.
.
9 comments:
Dennis still has the same haircut!
That is not a scan. It looks crappy because I just took a quick snapshot of the photo on my way out. Next time I go down I will take my scanner and do quality scans of a whole bunch of family photos to save for good on my backup drives.
Also, your teeth were still better than mine. I almost forget how bad mine were before braces and all of that other stuff. Thank goodness for dentistry.
Is that ruddy orange glow part of the old-fashioned chemical process of actually taking pictures that are developed from film, or do all of the Morrisroe family memories come pre-coated in the warm tones of nostalgia?
Was this your marching order, too? I wouldn't be surprised if you walked everywhere with the taller men in front, and Carrie in the back, distracted, running to catch up.
Are the sunglasses oversized, or do you just have kid-sized heads?
Brian, to answer your questions: The 1986 was a peach-colored year; it was more like I was off dancing somewhere and they were pretending they didn't know me; and it's both.
Also, note that it's not a great idea to go skiing in the wet, cold snow in the absorbent cotton hoodies and jeans we are all wearing. Apparently snowpants had not been invented yet.
This is totally how I remember you guys. Except in bathing suits in Grandmama's pool, playing beach ball volleyball.
Hello, Sara. It is cool to have you coming around, even if it is only digitally. Thanks for sending flowers to my mom. That was very nice.
Post a Comment