
Having been chastised by a friend for my negativity surrounding this holiday (or actually, for being so judgmental about the drunk morons running around the city right now; said friend did not appreciate my post-lunch Facebook status: "Dear drunk girl on the sidewalk: You're wearing shamrock tights and a Packers jersey. This does not make you Irish. P.S. It's 1 p.m. on a Tuesday."), I have decided to look past the inanity of the modern, commercialized holiday exploding around me (e.g. photo at right).
On that note, when I get home tonight I'm going to delve into my rich trove of Irish literature and share with you all some wonderful tidbits of prose and poetry from the Emerald Isle. I know you can't wait.
1 comments:
Your Facebook status made me laugh for a good 15 minutes. My coworkers appreciated it when I read it outloud, too, though one did say, "That's not in the St. Patrick's Day spirit" (but I think I heard a little jest in the comment).
Post a Comment