Yesterday evening I walked myself and my camera to Bryant Park to capture some of the magic of the snowfall. I hope you enjoy watching the lights begin to sparkle as twilight descends.
I am enamored of the new Bank of America Tower in all its icicle-stalagmite glory.





I kept singing to myself, 'Empty chairs at empty tables ...'


Manhattan canyon.
I loved this chair.
The Empire State Building peeks out.

The crescent moon glows over the Bryant Park Hotel building.


The park and the back of the main library.
Eventually, the ESB lit up in orange.

After a subway ride, I decided to take a few shots on my own street, for contrast. This is the empty lot down the block. I really like the multicolored fabrics shining in the windows.

Tires and trash.

My stoop.

The moon and my window.
3 comments:
Whose park this is I think I know.
His name is Michael Bloomberg, though.
He will not see me stopping here
Because he doesn't care about me, since he's rich, but the NYPD is definitely watching me on their closed circuit TV cameras.
Very nice snowy pictures. The first one with the black tables and chairs and thick white cushions should be on a wall somewhere. The black and white tires and snow photo is very sad. Pictures like you took of the city show me why you like it there. The empty lot shows me why you like it here.
But I've never seen those tires look so pretty! :)
Also, nice job, Brian. Very nice.
Post a Comment