Monday, March 2, 2009

Signs of Spring 2009*

I know we're getting demolished right now by a huge blizzard, that we're getting a foot of snow dumped on us, and that it's so bad NYC public schools are getting their first snow day in five years.

But!

I have irrefutable proof that spring will come. I went out walking yesterday to search for anything green. And you have to look closely, but in a few patches of dirt in front of brownstones in Brooklyn I found the shoots of bulbs starting to come up. And at one church I saw the only blooming thing around: the first snowdrops!






So cheer up, kids! Sunshine and warmth are just around the corner. ... Right after we dig out of 12 inches of snow.

*Update: Longtime FPC blog readers will recall a popular series I did last year on the emerging harbingers of spring. I have changed the title of this post so that it is the very first in this year's "Signs of Spring" series. Yay!.

1 comments:

jane b said...

I literally jumped up and down on my bed. (Sam's away for business.)

-Ms. B, PS284

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness