Why Oscar Wilde? That guy is a quote machine! And I like that his lines can often be read as sarcasm but with a gem of truth. Some favorites for today:

"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."
"At twilight, nature is not without loveliness, though perhaps its chief use is to illustrate quotations from the poets."
"Wisdom comes with winters."
"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about."
"What is the difference between literature and journalism? Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all."
Note: These should all be read after watching "Paris, je t'aime" because that's what I keep picturing right now. Speaking of which, man(!) when is "New York, I Love You" coming out? I saw that thing filming all over the place last winter.
Update: April, apparently. Whee! I just hope it doesn't suck. The trailer makes it seem kind of trite and overly romanticizing of this city. Real people here don't talk about how much they love New York.
1 comments:
We "borrow" from FPC* a bit, so thanks for returning the favor!
We try to just put up quotes on The Brothel on the weekend. I know it seems as if we're lazy, but in fact, all March pieces are timestamped and waiting to go up.
TLB-4-lif!
-KV
*FPC reminds me of STP which reminds me not to get addicted to heroin.
Post a Comment