Monday, March 23, 2009

Signs of Spring 2009

I am busy editing at the moment, so until I get some time to really blog, go check out the Boston Globe's Big Picture, currently featuring their own "Signs of Spring."



I meant to do a post on Friday about spring/equinox festivals around the world, but these photos can tell it better than I can. I know it's 30 degrees for a high today in NYC, kids, but I heard lots of birdsong this weekend and saw ever more crocuses in bloom. So keep hope alive!

Meanwhile, my mom reminds me that back home in California, where March is the height of spring, not the beginning, my very favorite wildflower ever in the whole wide world is blooming along our road: baby blue eyes. I wish I could be back there to see all my favorite wildflowers spring up, but for now I'll make do with buying daffodils at the local deli.


Photo of crocusses in the park of the castle in Husum, northern Germany by Heribert Proepper/AP.
Baby blue eyes photo by dracoLLL on Flickr.

1 comments:

Matt said...

Neat! In Russian, spring is signaled by the emergence of portly men in Speedos. In Valencia, spring is a blazing inferno. In Texas, skeaze blooms anew. I feel my cultural horizons have been broadened.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness