"A lynch mob is expanding: the peasants with their pitchforks surrounding the corporate headquarters of AIG, demanding heads...This $500,000 limit on executive pay -- let me tell you why it won't work. New York City will die. New York City needs a whole bunch of people being paid a whole lot of money, so they can tax their butts off, so that the city can maintain its stupid streets, potholes, and welfare state. Without the super wealthy in New York, it's over. ... This -- it's just a populist ruse. It's just designed to people go, 'Yeah, yeah!'"
-Radio host who makes over 30 million dollars a year.
love the headline! may have to subscribe to that paper.
just like hogs at a trough can't stop them, just like congress. it must be fun to run a company into the ground and then handout millions in bonus's for a job well done! the company doesn't have any money so just send the bill to the tax payers
If employees at AIG are "GREEDY BASTARDS" for spending $165 million of bailout money that we have not yet paid for, then what does that make Obama for spending $TRILLIONS of our as yet unearned money?
If my math is correct Obama's shameful waste so far is about 18,000 times more than those bonuses. So what term could we use to appropriately describe Obama as 18,000 times worse than AIG executives. Hm. That is a tough one.
How about a punishment 18,000 time worse than 90% taxation, public ridicule, and death threats? That would only be fair, yes?
As far as I am concerned Obamas actions already amount to treason.
Klaus Varley, I got all excited for a minute there when I saw your comment. I was going to congratulate you for saying something that actually makes sense for once. Then I got to the end. Nevermind.
Rush is absolutely right. This whole thing is a distraction. People were starting to get very unhappy with Obama's budget ideas, failed "stimulus", and horrendously wasteful and damaging spending, so the Democrats had to divert attention to something else. It is just lying politics for them to act like they didn't know about the bonuses.
I saw the points you just made on a Fox News clip, PP. Next time just link it.
You can use the time you save to read a book about small businesses in the late 19th and early 20th century. How did they fare in the age of small government? (I'm really curious.)
Klaus, If you think government is better at handling your money and uses it more wisely, efficiently, and productively than you do, then feel free to support Obama.
I happen to live in the real world where it is obvious that government is good at very little but waste, oppression, and interference.
As far as the Fox News comment, my ideas are my own, thank you.
Also, I am not a Republican. I disagree with many of their traditional positions also. I just sound conservative right now because so much economic damage is being done that needs to be stopped or at least minimized.
Our government needs to spend no more than it takes in, and should take less. That goes for Bush and Obama both.
C - You get more comments on anything you post that is political! Ha.
PP - I though I lived in the real world, where I grew up relying on police, schools, road construction, libraries, county legal and medical services. You know, things that aren't trying to turn a profit, but help people. So if that's a fantasy world, I'll stay in it.
The problem with our conversation is that I don't know you, and so I can't trust where you get your information. You have to tell me why the "real world" you live in has so many failing governmental structures. I just don't see that.
But I really don't have time for this. When you get tired of having a gloomy outlook on the world and alienating people through unsubstantiated claims, let me know.
There are other ways to see life, and you'd be surprised what happens when you stop being afraid and step out of your comfort zone. It's okay, really, to be who you are.
You can find me at The Brothel. Literary, that is.
9 comments:
Are they telling me congress is finally going to do SOMETHING right?
"A lynch mob is expanding: the peasants with their pitchforks surrounding the corporate headquarters of AIG, demanding heads...This $500,000 limit on executive pay -- let me tell you why it won't work. New York City will die. New York City needs a whole bunch of people being paid a whole lot of money, so they can tax their butts off, so that the city can maintain its stupid streets, potholes, and welfare state. Without the super wealthy in New York, it's over. ... This -- it's just a populist ruse. It's just designed to people go, 'Yeah, yeah!'"
-Radio host who makes over 30 million dollars a year.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200903180001?f=h_latest
love the headline!
may have to subscribe to that paper.
just like hogs at a trough can't stop them, just like congress.
it must be fun to run a company into the ground and then handout millions in bonus's for a job well done! the company doesn't have any money so just send the bill to the tax payers
coastbear
If employees at AIG are "GREEDY BASTARDS" for spending $165 million of bailout money that we have not yet paid for, then what does that make Obama for spending $TRILLIONS of our as yet unearned money?
If my math is correct Obama's shameful waste so far is about 18,000 times more than those bonuses. So what term could we use to appropriately describe Obama as 18,000 times worse than AIG executives. Hm. That is a tough one.
How about a punishment 18,000 time worse than 90% taxation, public ridicule, and death threats? That would only be fair, yes?
As far as I am concerned Obamas actions already amount to treason.
Klaus Varley, I got all excited for a minute there when I saw your comment. I was going to congratulate you for saying something that actually makes sense for once. Then I got to the end. Nevermind.
Rush is absolutely right. This whole thing is a distraction. People were starting to get very unhappy with Obama's budget ideas, failed "stimulus", and horrendously wasteful and damaging spending, so the Democrats had to divert attention to something else. It is just lying politics for them to act like they didn't know about the bonuses.
I saw the points you just made on a Fox News clip, PP. Next time just link it.
You can use the time you save to read a book about small businesses in the late 19th and early 20th century. How did they fare in the age of small government? (I'm really curious.)
Klaus, If you think government is better at handling your money and uses it more wisely, efficiently, and productively than you do, then feel free to support Obama.
I happen to live in the real world where it is obvious that government is good at very little but waste, oppression, and interference.
As far as the Fox News comment, my ideas are my own, thank you.
Also, I am not a Republican. I disagree with many of their traditional positions also. I just sound conservative right now because so much economic damage is being done that needs to be stopped or at least minimized.
Our government needs to spend no more than it takes in, and should take less. That goes for Bush and Obama both.
Dude, why don't you guys go fight on PP's blog?
JK, it's cool. America is all about political discussion and disagreements. Yay freedom!
C - You get more comments on anything you post that is political! Ha.
PP - I though I lived in the real world, where I grew up relying on police, schools, road construction, libraries, county legal and medical services. You know, things that aren't trying to turn a profit, but help people. So if that's a fantasy world, I'll stay in it.
The problem with our conversation is that I don't know you, and so I can't trust where you get your information. You have to tell me why the "real world" you live in has so many failing governmental structures. I just don't see that.
But I really don't have time for this. When you get tired of having a gloomy outlook on the world and alienating people through unsubstantiated claims, let me know.
There are other ways to see life, and you'd be surprised what happens when you stop being afraid and step out of your comfort zone. It's okay, really, to be who you are.
You can find me at The Brothel. Literary, that is.
p.s. I would comment on PP's blog, but I can't figure out how!
Post a Comment