
We have now entered the post-convention, pre-debate campaign doldrums, where the media, lacking real material, scrutinizes every little thing both presidential candidates say for intentional, accidental, or totally nonexistent slights they can blow way out of proportion.
Great.
Great.
5 comments:
Someone needs to tell McCain that the "lipstick on a pig" phrase is older than he is.
And by the way, I'm SO over "lipstick" as a buzzword already.
Indeed. I just keep thinking of the first time I heard that phrase--from former Texas governor Ann Richards in an interview on CNN. But she was the kind of person who could get away with it.
I know multiple unrelated people who raise pigs.
I'd like to see a lipstick-wearing-pig.
As pig-related idioms go, I much prefer the old "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear".
Funny that the crazycons decided that Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment OBVIOUSLY referred to Palin, but made no mention of the old "fish wrapped in newspaper", which I think is a much less subtle reference to the VP-to be. You know, what with the recent media coverage. And the being a woman...
Post a Comment