
Yesterday they unveiled the new new design for the museum and memorial to be built down at the World Trade Center site, and I thought it was interesting so I'm passing it along. Curbed has the best snarky comments, mostly about the museum's drastically reduced size from the previous incarnation (click on their photos to see captions). I found it illuminating to compare the site plan to a map of the Ground Zero area. They're going to re-extend Vesey, Fulton, and Greenwich streets, which makes the whole thing make much more sense. I've been wondering how they intended to fit all the memorial stuff AND the Freedom Tower down there. Any bets on if this will actually get finished anywhere near the 9/11/11 target date?

1 comments:
No way, it's not going to be finished by 9/11/11. It might be in progress (maybe!), but we haven't had nearly enough bureaucratic infighting yet... not to mention architects/designers who resist collaborating with each other, 9/11 families who either hate the designs or want the spot to remain a hole in the ground, etc. Just look at how long it took to bring down the Deutsche Bank building... oh, wait. My mistake--that's still there.
Post a Comment