
Esquire released its list of the 75 Books Every Man Should Read, to which Jezebel responded with 75 Books Every Woman Should Read. My tally?
I’ve finished 19 of the books for women and 14 of the books for men. What does this mean? I’m a woman! or, I should read more!
I’m actually a very fast (i.e. sloppy) reader, and I feel like I read for pleasure all the time. So how is it possible my totals are so low? What the heck have I been reading all this time? I blame the list compilers for having lame taste. And also my short attention span, because there are at least 12 more books on these lists I’ve started to read and put down, and many more I really intend to read. At some point. Later.
First, War and Peace.
I’ve finished 19 of the books for women and 14 of the books for men. What does this mean? I’m a woman! or, I should read more!
I’m actually a very fast (i.e. sloppy) reader, and I feel like I read for pleasure all the time. So how is it possible my totals are so low? What the heck have I been reading all this time? I blame the list compilers for having lame taste. And also my short attention span, because there are at least 12 more books on these lists I’ve started to read and put down, and many more I really intend to read. At some point. Later.
First, War and Peace.
2 comments:
With no Raymond Chandler, I can't take that list seriously.
Seriously.
Everyone knows that reading is unmanly and that only women should do it. This is just yet another example of the media trying to give us teh gay.
Post a Comment