Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Black Monday?

Man oh man am I glad I don't have money in the stock market. What a crazy day-week-month-year!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Yeah, my 401K just took a hit. Knew I shoulda cashed that out this summer and taken a vacation in Aruba! =(

PassingPerception said...

Boy am I glad the House rejected the bailout. What a relief. That is far more important than any one day in the stock market.

Carrie M said...

Right, well of course it's all tied up in the same thing. I have not decided exactly how I feel about the bailout. I don't know how necessary it is, and I don't want my tax money to be used rashly and inefficiently. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Carrie M said...

And I know I'm not the first to say it, but why can't I get a bailout for my own personal credit crisis?

Shawna said...

Oh, I know!!!

Eric said...

"As you watch the world crumble, try taking your Armageddon with this sprinkling of irony: Over the last three decades, business has got virtually everything it wanted, and its doomsday scenario from the 1970s has come true because of it. The regulators have indeed killed the regulated--not by intrusive meddling but by doing nothing, by taking a nap while the financial sector puffed up the bubble and blew itself to pieces."

-Thomas Frank

Not sure what this all means either. Guess we'll see.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness