Bush said last night that “a long and painful recession” could occur if Congress does not act quickly. Funny, but it seems to me we’re in for a long and painful recession either way.
I find this alarming: “It was the first time in Mr. Bush’s presidency that he delivered a prime-time speech devoted exclusively to the economy.” (NY Times). Really? That tells me a certain someone has spent a little too much of his presidency focusing on unnecessary foreign conflicts instead of troubles at home.Also, I agree with Obama that it’s possible to help deal with this crisis and debate foreign policy. McCain’s campaign suspension smacks of political one-upmanship: “I care about the economy so much more than my opponent—see?” Please.
Besides if you cancel the debate it ruins my Friday night plans.
(Doesn’t Bush look adorable in this photo? Is he wearing blush?)
4 comments:
I don't think it's anything Cool McCool can't solve.
Cool McCool? I had never heard of that before. Do you mean this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ait8WKjryGI
Odd
The whole business about Obama and McCain flying to the White House to talk about the crisis says more about George Bush than anything else. At this point, nobody is fooled by the suggestion that George Bush is in charge of the country. So to make it seem like everything is under control, we have to bring in Obama and McCain. Neither of whom is anything more than a senator. And one of whom is going to lose the White House, in the end. It's just weird.
Oh man, that cartoon looks rad!
Post a Comment