Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In California, we revere grizzlies. Not sit on them.


I don’t care that her daughter is pregnant. But I do think she has bizarre taste in office décor. That crab is just creepy. Seriously.

17 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

I think you mean we don't sit on them... unless we have a special California bear saddle. And a very good reason to be using one.

Vladkin said...

PETA must LOVE this photo...

Eric said...

Brian's right: we DO sit of Grizzlies ... if we're good.

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like a woman who isn't afraid of congress.

Carrie M said...

Ha!

Klaus Varley said...

...if congress comes in the form of a giant crab and Palin has her net ready.

Anonymous said...

Congress IS like a giant crab. Just grabbing everything for themselves and not caring for the rest of us. She went in to office in Alaska with a net and started firing people who were only in "public service" for what they could gain. She has dropped state costs there 15% in just 2 years. Everything I hear about her just makes me like her more.

Matt said...

The look on her face seems to say, "Hmm, I wonder if, now that I'm a nominee for vice president, I should withdraw my support for that anti-American secessionist party?"

Matt said...

Also--and I hate to sound like such an argumentative jerk--but Palin fired the Wasilla police chief and attempted to fire the librarian because they supported her opponent during the election. She even made it clear that she was questioning not their ability to perform their jobs but their support of her. Not the city, her. I'm sorry, but when you fire someone because you think they don't like you enough, that's not principled--it's just plain petty.

Carrie M said...

Apparently I should have been running a political blog this whole time.

Matt said...

It might be the case that politics is the glue what bids us together and that if Americans weren't busy yelling their opinions at one another the union would dissolve.

PassingPerception said...

I think to have a political blog you would need to have friends with a tad wider range of opinions. If it were not for your family here everyone else sounds like the same person, except for Brian who is mostly about the humor.

PassingPerception said...

I have to admit though, it is pretty darn amusing to hear people freak out like they were personally insulted when someone tells the truth about what a poor choice Obama really is. Don't feel like you are being singled out though, I have plenty to say about what a poor choice the republicans are too. The election this year is truly about the lesser of two evils. The problem for me is that they seem almost equally evil. When it comes to how it will affect my life though, it is obvious the liberals will do more damage.

Matt said...

Politics is hard to write about. It's a very emotional thing, and one thing people always hate is being told unequivocally that they're wrong. I blogged almost exclusively on political issues for three straight years, and it always surprised me what set people off--sometimes just the smallest things.

That said, I strongly disagree both about Obama and about liberals in general.

Brian Hurley said...

I strongly disagree that I'm all about the humor. What I am really all about is making that scrilla.

Eric said...

I strongly disagree with making the scrilla.

lectrice said...

Give me all yo' scrilla. Killa.

If Biden were sitting on a bearskin slip cover, I think that would be awesome, as well. Especially if he were nekked.

Rrrrrrwaaaaaar!

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness