BTW, a nickel to anyone who can re-punctuate the sentence below in the correct way. You did realize it was a joke, right? (I've already heard from one reader who didn't get my humor.)Dont make me come over there and punch you’re face in.....just because you like everyone else cant be bothered to say ‘Carolyn how do I use a semicolon’? What are you a high school-student?—You should know better, the end.
8 comments:
Doesn't look much different from your usual...
Hey now.
I looked at and bookmarked that National Punctuation Day site. I really need to work on some of those.
I wonder what the locals thought of the big, fat, American guy with the red cape and the giant exclamation point on his shirt at the Great Wall of China.
http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/ppchina.html
Maybe you had too many jokes in one sentence...happens to me all the time. Not this time, but all OTHER times.
Okay fine. It's not a great sentence(s). It's remarkably hard to come up with an example of excessively bad punctuation. You try it.
Here's a better-punctuated version:
Don’t make me come over there and punch your face in just because you, like everyone else, can’t be bothered to say, “Carolyn, how do I use a semicolon?” What are you, a high-school student? You should know better. The end.
(P.S. Completely disregard the befuddled and violent content of this sentence. That wasn't the point.)
Okay, I'll stop being an editor now.
Ooo, ooh, I wanna try!
Don’t make me! come over there! and! punch your. face!? in, just because—you like everyone else: can’t be bothered to say (Carolyn) how do I use a ;[?] What are you—a high-school student!!! You should know—better{}the end.
Nice use of curly brackets!
Post a Comment