· For a meteorologist to explain to me why it’s 60 degrees in New York in February.· I could win the lottery without having to remember to buy a ticket.
· A libertarian could be elected president.
· Brian the best of luck finding a fantastic agent who appreciates his incredible talent as a writer.
· Spinach-artichoke dip had no calories.
· I could get a seat on the D train in the mornings.

· To thank Steve Sanderson for the lovely gift of wine.
· We would learn from history.
· They would un-dam Hetch Hetchy and just see what happens.
· For a snow day.
· That more of my friends and family could be in New York next week to
help celebrate.· I could be Trixie Belden.
· For world peace, healthy babies, an end to suffering, a cure for all environmental ills…and a lollipop.
What do you wish for?
Painting of Hetch Hetchy Valley by Albert Bierstadt
6 comments:
Good wishes!
I will lend all of my allotted wishes to you for a couple of days and we'll see if we can knock a few things off your list.
I had to look up Trixie Belden. I think you've mentioned her before. Sounds like I missed out on something! Nancy Drew and the Boxcar Children were all I knew...
Let's see... today I wish for understanding. And a puppy who doesn't need to eat, and therefore doesn't require, ahem, clean up.
I had that same idea about puppies! Except I'd want one that also doesn't chew things, need to be walked, or get hair on my clothes. Hence, no dog for me.
I wish that the children here at school didn't pass their germs to the rest of us.
I'll put in a wish for a raise! Honestly, most days, I do the work of two assistants (but still only get one salary... what's up with that???)
That's not my only wish, but in the interest of keeping it brief, I'll leave my wish list at that.
As for the lollipop, Carolyn, how about a Sees sucker?
I had a dream that there was a pool tournament in the living room of my house (I do not have a living room in real life), and one dude pulled out a shotgun and used it for a pool stick (he was really good, actually), but then he got a bit roudy and shot a squirrel out of a tree with it (b/c a tree was growing in my living room, complete with wildlife). The squirrel fell from the tree, landed in my arms, and turned into a puppy who loved me. That's a roundabout way of saying that apparently my wish for a puppy can only be realized in dreams. Or maybe what I really want is a squirrel. Hmm...
Post a Comment