Friday, February 8, 2008

What a cute little mob we have

The FBI conducted a huge raid yesterday around New York and Sicily to round up members of the Gambino crime family. I’m fascinated by the modern-day mafia, but can we really take these people seriously when they are grown men with nicknames like these?

“They included the Gambino family’s acting boss, John D’Amico, 73, who is known as Jackie the Nose, and underboss, Domenico Cefalu, 61, who is known as Greaseball, and the consigliere, Joseph Corozzo, who is known as JoJo, the officials said.”

I mean, come on.

Of course, if I suddenly go missing from this blog, you’ll know not to insult these guys in the future.

All the fun details in the NY Times

Photo of Jackie the Nose in 1992 by AP Photo/Peter Morgan

4 comments:

Oxford Commas said...

Wow. You made it through that whole thing without a slur against my family.

Vladkin said...

Yeah, and for that I don't have to tell my cousins Marty Muttface and Luigi Squeegee about this.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! Do you ever watch "The Sopranos"? I love that show. Do you think in real life the Mafia has more conflict and stress from the wife and kids than from the Feds?

Carrie M said...

Robert, you wish your family was powerful enough to be part of La Cosa Nostra.

Your dad would make a great don, though.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness