This weekend Brian and I took a brief stroll through the southern section of Central Park, and, man, is it bleak. In the Ramble, there’s nary a leaf to be seen on naked tree branches stretching over hills topped by grey schist boulders left by glaciers.
But over by the Boat Pond, we came upon a set of small, arching trees that were covered in tiny buds that look like they’ll explode into yellow flowers before too long. Very exciting! I would have taken a photo but for menacing clouds that made us speed up our walk.
So instead, here’s Brian at the pond, (also called Conservatory Water) shortly before the deluge.
6 comments:
INTREPID...
I want you, Carolyn, to be the official judge of When Springs Starts. I'm counting on you to give updates and launch the new season.
It doesn't come if you're not noticing it!
I know people here are really getting ready for spring because someone stole another of my favorite plants at my business. It was one I photographed and got compliments about. I really loved it. I have been growing it for about three years now.
I guess it is just as well though since my garden hose and hose reel I use to water them were stolen already anyway.
Last year I knew Spring was coming when someone stole half of my giant sequoias.
Ah, the lovely change of seasons.
I still can't believe people around there actually steal plants. That's the most ludicrous theft I've ever heard of. They might as well go out in the forest and dig up saplings.
Or steal the air.
Post a Comment