Well folks, I agree with all of you who voted that There Will Be Blood should have won Best Picture at the Oscars last night. (Although I have a sneaking suspicion there might have been multiple votes from Brian.) I haven’t experienced a more terrifyingly fascinating film in a long time. No Country for Old Men was also great, of course, and is a deserving winner in its own right. Just watching clips of it last night during the awards made me instantly tense again. (Anton Chigurh gets hit by another car—bam! Anton Chigurh plays evil mind games with a gas station owner—crap, is he going to kill him?)At least Atonement didn’t win. And scary-gangly Keira Knightley didn’t appear to be in attendance to weird me out, so that’s good. I won’t bore you with more post-mortem than that—you’re getting enough of that from every other media outlet. Feel free to throw any of your own thoughts my way, though.
Mostly, I just like to look at the pretty dresses.
5 comments:
I agree that There Will Be Blood should have won Best Picture, but I'm pretty happy about the Best Actor and Supporting Actor wins. They were well-deserved.
That's true.
But seriously, is the European Union using the Oscars to quietly infiltrate our media before a full-scale military invasion? Keep your eyes open...
Cormac McCarthy sure is popular of late.
Cormac McCarthy would appreciate your use of the phrase "of late."
Should I keep on? OK, fine: Seems like ol' Cormac is hotter than a slut lamp!
Post a Comment