Friday, February 22, 2008

Guess what...

It’s snowing! I think we’ve gotten about four inches so far, and it's still coming down.

It’s snowing on my fire escape…



And on my roof….

And on the cemetery…

And on people on my street and sign store next door…

And on the empty, trash-filled lot…

And on the graffiti-decorated auto repair shop…

And on the abandoned gas station at the corner…

And on our glorified bodega…

And on my subway stop….

And on the Manhattan Bridge…

And after a 45-minute commute, it’s snowing on my office building!

When did this blog turn into the Weather Channel, you ask? Shut up. I like how snow makes everything pretty.


I really really really want to be outside playing in the bounty of snow. When I was a kid in Murphys if it snowed like this we’d be out making awesome sled runs in the pasture or down the hill, across the driveway and almost into the creek. (You had to bail out just in time!) Then I’d go in, peel off my moonboots, and curl up with a Ramona book.

Now, I just whined until my cubemate opened the door to her boss’s office so I can see out the window to snowflakes swirling in front of the federal immigration building across the street.

Not quite the same.


Snowstorm blankets New York

City Sees Biggest Snowfall in Two Years

10 comments:

Shawna said...

[Laughing] So you like snow, huh? I've been eyeing it all morning through my boss's window-- love it!

Brian Hurley said...

Your post reminds me of Goodnight, Moon, but with snow instead of goodnights.

Vladkin said...

Agreed, Brian! I'm about to head out for lunch... perhaps a snowball will smack the back of a stranger's head... mwuah haha!

Laura said...

Ramona! I loved those books. I grew up in the neighborhood in which they took place.

Andy said...

Lucky. It's 50 degrees here and sunny. But it's probably going to rain. Want to trade?

Brian Hurley said...

I'm glad you opened that door.

Carrie M said...

Seriously. Still a pretty dismal view, but better than not being able to see outside at all.

BTW, it's totally slush city, for anyone who hasn't gone out. I discovered that my boots really are waterproof!

Watch out for 8-inch puddles mascarading as light snow.

Anonymous said...

Hey cousin, I love the photos. I dont get that here in Sacramento. We're gonna get tropical storm type gusts tomorrow, so it'll be fun to see where my garbage can ends up down the street. Have any more photos of your office??
-Rachael

Anonymous said...

You are a very funny person. It is nice to have you so delighted about a weather pattern. The snow does make everything seem fresh and clean and new.

PassingPerception said...

Now that is more like it. A real snowstorm. Very cool. After seeing that photo of yours of the trash blowing down the street I think the city could use some covering up.

P.S.
Boy am I glad I don't have to look out my bosses window from a cubicle to see outside. I have huge windows and can go outside anytime I want. Boo for city cubicle life.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness