Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday's a slow (snow?) news day


Proof that the fixation on the lack of snow this winter in New York is not confined to me: a NY Times story today says we had the least snowiest January since 1933. The rest of the article is bullshit, hilariously exemplified by this quote from some random old lady.

“Florida!” Ms. Kirschner scoffed, rejecting a suggested alternative to New York. “It’s damp, hot, boring. Monday I went to the ballet, and the young man in that ballet, boy, he had Baryshnikov beat!”

Can someone explain to me what this quote is doing in this story? Gotta love filler.

NY Times story link (sorry, I can't hyperlink from my home computer): http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/nyregion/02snow.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin

Also, this photo, with the caption "THEN AND NOW The outer paths of Fort Tryon Park in Upper Manhattan, on Jan. 19, 2008, left, and Jan. 19, 2007, right," is very, very silly. Look, snow! Look, no snow! Groundbreaking journalism, New York Times.

4 comments:

Vladkin said...

Well, I don't know what that old bag is going on about. Everyone who's anyone knows that Florida is the place to be for the Baryshnikov Beat. Those Floridians also do one helluva Swayze Shimmy. Watch out!

PassingPerception said...

Oh man, that was hilarious.

PassingPerception said...

Also since things are very slow here in my world, I also just posted photos of snow here.

http://www.passingperception.com/?page_id=313

PassingPerception said...

Still stupid no word wrap.
http://www.passingperception.com/
?page_id=313

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness