Reasons this is awesome:
1. “How I Met Your Mother” is just about the only decent sitcom on TV, but I may think so because it often eerily mirrors my own life (portraying sweetly snarky twenty-somethings living in New York).
2. Neil Patrick Harris has been my hero since I was but a wee little girl.
3. This exchange from Les Miserables between Javert and Jean Valjean proves that two men singing a competitive duet can be outrageously stirring, even when they're kidding around.
4. Neil Patrick Harris and my brother Dennis have been doppelgangers since “Doogie Howser, M.D.” (And, yes, my brother is a doctor now. Ha ha. Don’t worry—he’s heard it a million times.)


8 comments:
Dennis may look like Neil Patrick Harris, but he has the heart of George Clooney from ER, and the wit of Alan Alda from MASH. In fact, I think he skipped med school altogether and just watched old TV shows to learn his craft.
By the way, I can sing both the Javert and Valjean parts of that song better than either of those guys.
That photo comparison is hilarious! But in real life Dennis looks very different (in my opinion).
Not that I've ever seen Neil Patrick Harris in person, but I always imagined him as being VERY tall and skinny, whereas Dennis is petite. (He will probably wince at that comment. Sorry. I can just imagine hearing him say "Greaaaat, thanks" now.)
I was without words there for a few minutes. Brian, I did in fact skip medical school, actually slept through it. Everything I know I learned from TV, including, of course, from: Scrubs, Chicago Hope, Quincy, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Loveline with Dr. Drew, and Dr. Who. But there is not enough Grey's Anatomy going on.
Was Dr. Who really a doctor?
Can you elborate on what you learned from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman?
Or elaborate, if you prefer.
Dennis, you forgot "The Cosby Show." All you have to do is marry a lawyer, have five children, and move to Brooklyn. Then you'll be just like Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable. Rather convenient, really, because then you could see your sister more often.
As far as Grey's Anatomy, I'd say that you've mastered providing even non-doctor types with plenty of soap-opera goodness.
Brian,
Dr Quinn taught me that hot water and a dirty buck knife are all you really need to practice medicine.
Post a Comment