Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cross your fingers

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh.

Currently on CNN: GOP sources: Romney to suspend campaign

No offense to my lovely mother, but I really very vehemently dislike Mitt Romney. “Loathe” would not be too strong a word. He was my governor for two years in Massachusetts, and he proved himself to be the kind of politician who will say whatever he needs to get elected, and then turn his back on his constituents as soon as the wind changes.

I would be mighty pleased to see him out of the race. Then we just have to work on Huckabee.

Plus, did anyone else see the Talk of the Town piece in the New Yorker this week wherein Romney’s five sons expose themselves to be the dorkiest weirdos ever? This whole family is utterly creepy.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Damn it, this awful. Romney had no chance of winning in the general election. He would have made a great Republican nominee.

Shawna said...

I agree, Matt. I was kinda pulling for him to be the GOP nominee, just so the Democratic nominee (either Hillary OR Barack Obama) would practically be a shoo-in come November.

And did you see his concession speech?
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

Apparently he can't even bow out of the race without slamming the Democrats one more time. What an ass.

Carrie M said...

I just think that's too risky a strategy--for us to root for someone evil because we think he'll be less likely to win the general election.

Because what if he DID win?

Matt said...

Lordy! I was just heard that on NPR and was about to post the same quote. He's beneath contempt.

Brian Hurley said...

I don't trust America's ability to elect the right person any further than I can... throw America's ability to elect the right person. Take a look at American Idol! The wrong people win all the time.

PassingPerception said...

The only candidate I have seen that is as fake, shmoozy, and creepy is Obama. He makes me nervous.

Shawna said...

You and Brian have a point, Carolyn-- look at the last two presidential elections...

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness