Monday, February 2, 2009

Dunh dunh dunh


I just want to point out that the ubiquitously filming “Law & Order” franchise has finally made its way to my nabe. According to those oh-so-handy signs posted by the NYPD (forbidding parking and letting you know what production is responsible), “Criminal Intent” is filming on my crappy Brooklyn street today. I can only assume they are using it as the gritty, industrial setting where a horribly disfigured body is discovered. Woot, 26th Street!

(Um, in looking up a photo I found out that Jeff Goldblum is now on this series. What? Weird.)

10 comments:

Vladkin said...

Maybe they'll do an aerial view and we'll get to see Ikea too! Haha

Matt said...

Oooh, IKEA. Gritty.

Klaus Varley said...

Funny you should say that, Matt. "IKEA" actually means "gritty" in Sweedish.

Carrie M said...

May I remind you three that our TV murder takes place all the way across a canal from Ikea. So no lingonberries for Vincent D'Onofrio.

Shawna said...

If it makes you feel any better, C, I've watched them filming in the "gritty" location of Washington Square Park. (Although, come to think of it, WSP really is downright gritty at night!)

Matt said...

Not now that the city has ruined WSP by redesigning it so you can't even find the spot where Bob Dylan peed in the bushes way back when. Or so say the people in the (slightly obnoxious) Times article from last year.

Matt said...

Also, I guess I always thought IKEA was Swedish for Allen wrench.

Klaus Varley said...

It's Sweedish for a lot of things.

Carrie M said...

Like "POS dresser made of particleboard and plastic nails that breaks apart at least once weekly, spilling sweaters and T-shirts all over my closet." Maybe that's just me?

PassingPerception said...

I have looked at your street on Google Street View as you know and it certainly does look like a good place for a murder investigation.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness