I'm going to assume each of my blog readers falls very strongly into one of the following categories in regard to Twitter:
- Hate it
- Intrigued by it
- Never heard of it
No matter which group you identify with, it's irrelevant because I'm starting to Twitter. Not in an obnoxious, "I just had grapes for lunch and they were yummy" kind of way, but in a ... well ... I haven't decided what way yet. Let's just try it out and see.
On the blog, you'll see that in the sidebar I've added a Twitter widget. (Neato!)
On Twitter, you can follow me at http://twitter.com/carriem213.
Why am I doing this? So I can be cool like Michael Ian Black, who's just started a Twitter war with LeVar Burton. I adore MIB and he might be only person on Earth who I will actually enjoy following on Twitter. Don't expect me to be as witty as him. My job is analysis and hope-sharing, not comedy. (Which is not to say I won't try to be funny.) Also, I hope to one day be as totally awesome as Wil Wheaton on Twitter.
Please let me know what you think. And if anyone knows if the correct verb for posting updates to Twitter is "to tweet," "to twitter," or perhaps even "to twit," let me know. I’m a moron.
Yours,
The Management.
- Hate it
- Intrigued by it
- Never heard of it
No matter which group you identify with, it's irrelevant because I'm starting to Twitter. Not in an obnoxious, "I just had grapes for lunch and they were yummy" kind of way, but in a ... well ... I haven't decided what way yet. Let's just try it out and see.
On the blog, you'll see that in the sidebar I've added a Twitter widget. (Neato!)
On Twitter, you can follow me at http://twitter.com/carriem213.
Why am I doing this? So I can be cool like Michael Ian Black, who's just started a Twitter war with LeVar Burton. I adore MIB and he might be only person on Earth who I will actually enjoy following on Twitter. Don't expect me to be as witty as him. My job is analysis and hope-sharing, not comedy. (Which is not to say I won't try to be funny.) Also, I hope to one day be as totally awesome as Wil Wheaton on Twitter.
Please let me know what you think. And if anyone knows if the correct verb for posting updates to Twitter is "to tweet," "to twitter," or perhaps even "to twit," let me know. I’m a moron.
Yours,
The Management.
2 comments:
Too funny. My geeky husband turned me onto Twitter. He also just joined LeVar's side of the battle with Mr. Black. I will be following you as I think it's an interesting way to interact with culture etc. etc. etc.
The correct term is "tweet"
Good luck! It's overwhelming, but intriguing. My suggestion is to not let the tweets be forwarded to your cell phone. At that point, there is no escaping the conversations. :)
Well, I'm on there. I joined because a blog I read was running a promotion, but now Raked is just there, tooting its own horn and talking about TV. I don't think I'd be entertaining enough to do it for me as opposed to my blog, though.
Post a Comment