Friday, January 30, 2009

You've been tagged

Some of you are not on Facebook and so will have not been privy to the onslaught of acquaintances posting "25 Random Things About Me" in true high-school chain-letter fashion. Now, don't get me wrong. Some of my friends who've sent these out have been very funny and insightful. Some not so much. I will not name names. This began about two days ago, and the backlash has already started (with such luminaries as Alex Charlow declaring that the phenomenom must stop and wondering when Facebook became MySpace). Oh, the dazzling, short-lived wildfires of Internet memes.

I can't imagine why friends of mine would want to be subjected to 25 random facts about yours truly (or, like Charlow says, if they were real friends they'd already know 25 things about me), so I submit:


Barack Obama's 25 Random Things About Me

1. My wife is hotter than yours.

2. I eschew suit jackets.

3. I don’t stand for decorative plates.

4. I am aware how disarming my smile is.

5. I gave Hillary a cabinet post because I was afraid if I didn’t, she’d beat the s*** out of me.

6. My abs are harder than yours.

7. As a liberal, I am also a closet states’-rights supporter.

8. I know that someday Rahm Emanuel will say something really, really stupid and ruin my administration.

9. This is not the America I signed up for when I began my campaign.

10. I actually think Bush was an OK guy. Now, that Bill Clinton …

11. My website is cooler than yours.

12. I will smoke cigarettes if I want to.

13. I didn’t like the inaugural poem, either.

14. I am afraid that someday Joe Biden will say something really, really stupid and ruin my administration.

15. I will pop up at the Capitol any time I damn well please. Surprise! It’s the President! Everyone look busy!

16. My kids are cuter than yours.

17. Jed Bartlet is my secret hero.

18. I inhaled. Deal with it.

19. I will always resent Justice Roberts for screwing up my Oath of Office.

20. My favorite color is blue. I mean red. I mean, blue and red working together. … Actually yellow—doesn’t my wife look lovely in yellow?

21. I secretly thought Obama Girl was funny.

22. My hometowns are way more exotic and interesting than yours.

23. I like women, gays, the environment, human rights, and fiscal responsibility. Deal with it.

24. My basketball skills are better than yours.

25. Oh yes, we did.

Sincerely,

The 44th President
.

2 comments:

PassingPerception said...

One more reason to keep avoiding Facebook.

Klaus Varley said...

I don't believe Barack Obama actually wrote those.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness