Friday, January 16, 2009

Plane Crash: The Day After

Not shockingly, the New York Times waxes poetic.

"Over the next hour, as a captivated city watched continuous television reports and the Hudson turned from gold to silver in the gathering winter twilight, all of the passengers, including at least one baby, and both pilots and all three flight attendants, were transferred to the rescue boats — a feat that unfolded as the white-and-blue jetliner continued to drift south."
Apparently this was the most beautiful plane crash ever. Brings a tear to my eye, really.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many "and"s in that sentence. As plane crashes go it was lovely, but that paragraph was a bit over the top.

PassingPerception said...

Yesterday was probably the first time ever that I went to the New York Times for a news story. When I got to the "Hudson turned from gold to silver in the gathering winter twilight," part I remembered why and clicked to a different site.

Colorful photo though, even if it is a little overexposed for my taste.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness