Friday, January 16, 2009

Who's afraid of the Big, Bad Gay?

(Sorry if you already saw this on Facebook. I decided to post it here, too.)

Thanks, Fox News, for reminding me just what prejudicial insanity us gay-rights lovers (i.e. normal people) are up against. Here are some choice quotes from this story that frets about the despicable, immoral activities that conservative Christians assume are on tap at LGBT-hosted inaugural parties this weekend.

Gay America Prepares To Party at Obama Inauguration

“I think (the) inauguration should be kept away from that. Christians may love the individual, but they are offended by the gay lifestyle. It’s unhealthy — spiritually, emotionally and physically.”

"This is the most vile event, and it’s being held at a swanky hotel where conferences regularly occur.”

"I think most Americans would be put off if they knew what went on at these parties. … Every special interest group has a ball of some sort, but this is not just any special interest group. More than half the country considers their behavior immoral.”

"For all their cries of inclusion and openness, there are few groups out there more intolerant and hateful than the gay community."

"Let America see liberalism in all of its self-absorbed lunacy. Then maybe America will only have to tolerate four years of the madness.”


If by “lunacy,” you mean all people having the freedom to love whom they want, then by god, let’s get crazy. I can't believe that there are still people in America clinging to the notion that people who happen to be attracted to the opposite gender are therefore obsessive, aberrant sex maniacs. How could they possibly fail to see they are people just like themselves, who throw and attend perfectly normal parties that do not involve giant orgies? I am dumbfounded.

Also, thanks, Jezebel, for posting a hilarious response to this ridiculous article. You should all read this:

Religious Right Promises A Gay Inaugural Orgy
.

4 comments:

Klaus Varley said...

Two comments:

1. Quotes like: "At least we know they'll be entertained by our dazzling musicianship," don't exactly help the gay cause. But with gays, as with any group, you'll eventually find someone to say something stupid and/or an out of context quote to use against them.

2. That last link was racy! This coming from someone who runs a site called The Literary Brothel. Seriously.

Carrie M said...

I know! That's why I hesitated to post it here, where parent-type people occasionally look. :) But the irony was great.

Brian Hurley said...

Something about the graphic on this post is really trippy. I think it's the rainbow-pattern being on the ground, and the sky-blue arc being shaped like a rainbow.

Carrie M said...

Or that it got bitmappy when I scrunched it down. Or that you need more sleep.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness