Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girly gripe of the day

We live in a world of outstanding technological achievement. The telecommunications industry has been innovating new devices and services at an astounding rate during our lifetimes. Nanotechnology and materials sciences, precision laser surgery and biotechnological advancements are the frontrunners in transforming our lives as we know them. Cliché alert: We have put a man on the Moon (and rovers on Mars)…

but we cannot make nylons that don’t get runs in them the instant you put them on! I mean, come on! I blame the dearth of women in science for this despicable disparity of textile improvement. Boo.

1 comments:

Matt said...

I heard once--and, caveat emptor, this is likely completely untrue--that the military is developing bulletproof body armor usingm super-strong spider filament, so maybe one day you'll have yourself some spider leggings.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness