I don't know yet how to fee about our new U.S senator. Supports same-sex marriage but also the gun lobby? Hmm...NY Times: Senate Choice: Folksy Centrist Born to Politics
Empire State Pride Agenda statement
I don't know yet how to fee about our new U.S senator. Supports same-sex marriage but also the gun lobby? Hmm...
From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness
5 comments:
This post does not meet the rigorous standards of "From Peppermint Creek."
Oh great, I came here to see what was going on and leave a comment but I don't feel like getting into an argument about canceling freedoms. I am not in the mood for it. I am a firearms dealer and just don't have the energy for the debate today.
I just said I was evaluating her more closely. She's someone no one has heard of from upstate who is suddenly thrust on us by the governor, and I need to look at her record more closely. The gun thing is tricky, and I'm all for the 2nd Amendment. I just think that she may have to slightly amend her views now that she represents not just the sport-hunting part of the state but the terrible-gun-crime-and-violence part of the state.
I agree with you; she does represent a state that has a lot of duality on issues like gun control. It will be interesting to see what happens with her interactions with Bloomberg, especially. The whole "process" (if you can call it that) that Patterson went through in selecting her has also been a bit of a sideshow from the start. I lost a little respect for him in the past few weeks. He seemed so bumbly over the whole thing. I mean, to go from a Kennedy to an almost complete unknown is just bizzare.
I heard Caroline Kennedy had to drop out when she learned she was related to Maria Shriver, whose husband is a buffoonish, pot-smoking, ex-bodybuilding, un-American psychopath who once traveled back in time to kill a teenager named John Connor, and also used a nuclear weapon to destroy a large swath of the Central American jungle.
Embarrassing...!
Post a Comment