Friday, January 16, 2009

Also fighting a good fight ...

Thank you, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, for calling President Bush on his bullshit attempt to limit women's access to contraceptives and overall control of their own bodies and futures.

.

5 comments:

Vladkin said...

Have you seen this?

http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/?last_story=/mwt/broadsheet/2009/01/16/happy_sanctity_of_human_life_day/

God effing Damn It. Are you serious???

Brian Hurley said...

In the picture, is that man's suit about to give birth to a baby suit? And if so, does he approve of the suity daddy?

Carrie M said...

Nice. Good link, Kari!

"'On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, our country recognizes that each person, including every person waiting to be born, has a special place and purpose in this world.'

Seriously, you guys, 'Every person waiting to be born.' Do you suppose the first draft included 'Today, we recognize every twinkle in every potential daddy's eye'?"


I like human life, too, but I have about 300,000 eggs left, and I seriously hope they're not all waiting to be born.

Vladkin said...

That's a frightening image, C.

I looked into sterlization and it's way too expensive for me, so I too hope my eggs are alright dying slow little deaths.

PassingPerception said...

Nowhere else to post this.

"9 a.m. 1/16/09: They call this cold? Pshaw. I spit in the face of cold. And then it freezes. And that's gross."

Hilarious.

It is tropical where you are compared to the Great Lakes area. I can't believe people live where it gets to -25F not counting the strong wind. Why don't they just move?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness