Monday, April 20, 2009

Springtime in the cemetery (again, finally!)

Now's the time of year when I force images of flowers upon you people. Aren't you excited?

Saturday was an amazing day in many ways, greatly helped by the 75-degree weather. (I wore shorts! And a tank top! Woot!) On the way to Prospect Park for Saturday sports with friends, Brian, Tony, and I strolled through Green-Wood Cemetery. I'd like to share some photos I took with you, if that's okay.

I am in complete and utter love with this magnolia tree. The blossoms are big as your hand (actually, larger than my little hand). You may remember this tree from last year. I have a print of a photo I took of it displayed in my office.

Brian {hearts} the magnolia.



Brian and Tony scoff at death in the face of such beauty and life.






Lane of cherry trees.


Civil War soldier is missing the wonderfulness behind him.










Cheerful pink magnolia at the entrance to Prospect Park.


Oh my goodness, what a glorious day!

2 comments:

Klaus Varley said...

Happiest people in a cemetery ever.

Mama said...

Very pretty! At last Spring has come to you. Summer is here here. Ninety degrees today. Not ready for that, yet.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness