I’m sorry to have to bring this up. I’d like to think this blog is above commenting on two-bit celebrities. But I am appalled at this story about Britney Spears getting a police escort the “length of a football field” to a hospital for mental evaluation. That must be nice for her. How many other impoverished and middle-income people in L.A. yesterday sorely needed to seek help for behavioral health problems? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they all could have been taken kindly by the hand to a medical facility? And was there really no better use for all those police and medical personnel at that time? I find that unlikely.Sure, I see that she needed to be protected from the paparazzi, but this is just ridiculous. It makes me sick to see our society giving special treatment to morons who’ve screwed up their own lives just because they once sang a catchy song or had a rich daddy. Meanwhile the rest of us face the hardness of life all on our own.
5 comments:
Seriously. Maybe if celebs were treated the same way the rest of us are in terms of health care, they'd be less careless with themselves.
"You will never understand / how it feels to live your life / with no meaning or control / and with nowhere else to go. / You are amazed that they exist / and they burn so bright whilst you can only wonder why."
--Pulp, "Common People"
If by "all alone" you mean with friends and family instead of an armed escort and ambulances, then sign me up.
Much less fanfare with that, though.
Oooo. Are we getting a little touchy? The poor thing has such problems and we little people are much better equipped to cope. You don't feel sorry for her even a bit?
Post a Comment