Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Conversations we won’t be having

“Hey, what did you do this weekend?”

“Oh, you know, threw some ice chunks across a frozen pond to watch them slide.”

“Dude, sweet!”

“Totally. They go so far. You wouldn’t believe it.”




(Please enjoy my fabulous cinematography skills in this video.)

Winter in Prospect Park is bleak.

8 comments:

PassingPerception said...

You are destroying the natural beauty of the pond.

Carrie M said...

No way! It's a man-made pond anyway, and we weren't the first to toss ice across it.

Gotta entertain yourself somehow in this dead of winter.

Vladkin said...

Hmm. It reminds me of summers in Michigan when my friends Chris, Richard, and I would throw giant rocks into the Rouge River in the back of Henry Ford's Estate. "Sending them home," we called it. Ah, yes, home indeed.

Matt said...

Gotta entertain yourself somehow in this dead of winter.

That actually sound pretty fun. Moreover, your strategy for fighting the mid-winter boredom is probably both more effective and more constructive than my tactic of bitching ceaselessly to anyone who will listen about the weather of the god-forsaken Northeast. Better not to be both cold and friendless in winter.

Carrie M said...

Oh don't worry--I bitch, too.

Shawna said...

Hear, hear, Matt! I've really been nostalgic for my Southern winters back home this year...

As for the "Gotta entertain yourself somehow in this dead of winter," drunken Taboo at Common Ground should be more entertaining than chunks of ice, right? Anybody?

Vladkin said...

Oh yes! We do need to do that again! Although since Christine and I put the boys to shame back in October... I'm not so sure they'll want to participate again! If I can find some Abuelita (um... the drink mix, not an actual abuelita), I can make some Mexican hot chocolate... that'll warm us!

Anonymous said...

Robert and I did that one day last winter! On the same pond! For at least an hour. But we hoisted large branches out there to see if they broke through.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness