
The saga of the vermin in our house has come to an end in, believe it or not, a peaceful resolution. Mighty Mouse somehow managed to slide off the top of our refrigerator in a plastic bowl, thereby trapping himself in said bowl between the back of the fridge and the wall. He was completely unharmed but none too happy about the situation when I found him there. With characteristic deft, Brian performed a maneuver with cardboard that extricated both mouse and bowl so we could escort the little guy outside. He has been released into the grassy wilds of Green-Wood Cemetery, and we wish him well in the rest of his mousy life.As long as he doesn’t find his way back to our kitchen. We might not be so nice the next time around.
7 comments:
Awwww yay!
Would yo have felt the same if the critter had six legs and no fur?
Ha! It actually reminded me of catching lizards in the house for you. Same technique--catch it under a bowl, then slide a paper underneath.
Plus, I was more than ready to kill this little mousie. When I first saw it I stalked it with a flyswatter, making very threatening remarks.
And I'm sure it felt very threatened by your actions. Thus he hatched his clever plan to have you release him into his natural habitat. Well done, little fellow.
Yay, the mouse is gone! I've got to agree, he's pretty smart (and still alive to tell about it!). He's lost a couple of not-so-smart distant relatives to me...!
That's the best mouse resolution story I've ever heard.
I'm glad your little mouse had a happy ending. My friend had a mouse in his kitchen, but the little guy jumped in his garbage can, so he was able to take him outside swiftly and with no drama. I think the mouse just wanted a ride.
Post a Comment