Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Does anyone have a cat I can borrow?

I’ve recently spotted an uninvited houseguest, and while mice are adorable, I’d rather not share my hard-earned vittles with the wee little beastie. If not a cat, perhaps someone has a Rube Goldberg device that would shepherd the guy into a nice, cozy hamster ball that he could then roll to the great outdoors?

Otherwise, it’s curtains for the little fellow, I’m afraid. (Sorry, Gina!)

8 comments:

PassingPerception said...

I have a cat you can borrow. It has been sleeping on my porch so I bought it a bed and food and water.

Carrie M said...

Oh, good! I feel like neighborhood cats are easy to adopt--they're suckers for people who feed them.

Anonymous said...

I told you to get a cat.

Vladkin said...

Just don't get those awful glue traps. I had mice in the South End and my roommate thought those traps were a good idea. Trust me, there's nothing more inhumane. Unless they're being used for roaches. Then I say, bring on the glue!

Anonymous said...

HIGH LAR EE OUS LY written, my dear.

What if you just adopt the mouse? Haven't you seen Ratatouille? Critters can be professional chefs! (And that's about rats, which are SO not as cute.) Maybe yours is a neuroscientist! Wouldn't want to deprive the world of important discoveries, and all.

I had some classes in Mouse Whispering, if you want me to come over and assess the creature's potential...

Gina Espinoza said...

I hate uninvited guests. I wonder what we'd do if we had an intruder.. I'd make sure all the food was secure and out of reach and hope the little critter would lose interest and leave us in search of more bountiful accommodations. I agree with persnickety about the glue traps though. There are definitely more humane ways to trap a mouse.

Here's one: http://www.smithsax.btinternet.co.uk/products.htm

Carrie M said...

Yeah, I have a horrific story from my friend Matt K about glue traps that still haunts me at night. Remind me never to relate it in your presence, Gina.

Anonymous said...

No joke about those glue traps! There's nothing like waking up to a mouse frantically rattling the glue trap trying to get free. Or sometimes they gnaw themselves free and leave pieces of trap everywhere... ick.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness