Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Animals

Up here in the hills we have lots of wildlife. Over the last couple days I've seen quail, cows, horses, goats, egrets, squirrels, blue jays, and deer. Here's a doe in our front yard yesterday.

Some of you might have heard Brian go on about the burro in Murphys. He thinks it's hilarious that there can be directions like, "Turn at the burro." Brian met the burro three years ago, and took this photo of me and Jonathan (and the burro)
We went to visit the burro yesterday.
I always assumed the burro was like Lassie, and throughout the years there had been multiple burros taking the place on the corner of Main Street, Murphys, in succession.

But guess what? It's been the same burro almost my whole life!


And there's convenient "Burro Parking." For you to park your own burro, perhaps?


Ah,wildlife.

3 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

This was right before I saddled up the burro and set off for the hills in search of gold. And fine wines.

PassingPerception said...

This is the best post I have seen/read in a long time.

Obviously nobody wants to be the first one to say, "Wow, what an old burro." to you or about you, so I am getting it out of the way.

Merry Christmas to you both.

Carrie M said...

That's seriously an old burro! :)

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness