Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I still have leftovers

Is anyone else not at all feeling Christmassy yet? Why is the world trying to force me to be overcome with jolly-old-chestnuts-roasting-silver-bells-rocking-around-mistletoe-consumerist spirit when it's barely December? I need some time to digest the turkey from last week, people. And it'll be a good week and half before I'm in the mood for dashing-through-the-snow music.

Who are these people who put up Christmas trees right after Thanksgiving? Don't you get sick of it before it's anywhere near time to open presents?

I'm not Grinchy, I just need a moment to catch my breath between holidays before I can jump on that sleigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Some of the people I work with are already into their Christmas present earrings and Dancer and Prancer t-shirts.

Shawna said...

My roommate and I put up our tree last night, but mainly because we get a real tree every year--fresh pine tree scent in the apartment all month!

(That, and the tree vendor sets up shop around the corner from our apartment, so it's kinda difficult not to see when we walk past it every day. If we wait too long, our choices narrow to trees like Charlie Brown's.)

But I do draw the line at the Christmas clothing and accessories. I used to have some jingle bell jewelry and I think I wore it once before I got rid of it in a yard sale. =)

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness