Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nice air

Here's what I love about New York: When you get off your ass and walk around, you never know what you'll see. Yesterday was rainy but warmish so I strolled up to Bryant Park at 42nd Street, where there's currently an ice rink I find it soothing to spectate. But yesterday there was also an exhibition of Olympic skiers and trampolinists doing routines on giant trampolines, with skis or snowboards, and without. Totally weird and fascinating and I took tons of photos. The best:




















4 comments:

PassingPerception said...

Very cool.

Brian Hurley said...

Looks like Cirque du Soleil.

"Hey, what do you think of snowboarders on trampolines?"

"I love it! How about ballerinas dressed in vegetable costumes at a bowling alley?"

"Yeah, and some exotic fish puppets swimming in a giant radio!"

"Hooray, it's a circus!"

Vladkin said...

Canadian Encounters, eh? EH? :)

Carrie M said...

I see what you're doing there, Kari. Very nice.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness