Yeah, yeah, white people like “The Wire,” and my intense love of the show is nothing unique. We all love it. Everyone I know loves it. You know who doesn’t love it? The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Emmy nominations were announced today and despite “The Wire” ending a glorious and groundbreaking five-season run this year, the show received a piddly one nomination, for writing. “John Adams” got 23 nominations. Give me a break! It’s Paul Giamatti in poufy clothes! I am incensed. And I’m sending my man Wee-Bey out after y’all.(In other news, NPH was nominated for best supporting actor in a comedy, so all is not lost.)
8 comments:
I do not love it. [Points to skin.]
Carolyn--Matt does NOT love it. [Points to Matt]
So... Academy of Television Arts & Sciences = Matt ?
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/03/09/85-the-wire/
This is TOTALLY what I do when people ask me about Detroit!
If you need to impress a white person, tell them you are from Baltimore. They will immediately ask you about The Wire and how accurate it is. You should confirm that it is “like a documentary of the streets,” the white person will then slowly shake their head and say “man” or “wow.” You will be seen in an entirely new light.
I, you know, say, "Yeah, man. Have you seen The Wire? It's like that!"
So, what, now I have to like The Wire? Damn it. Damn Whitey!
Matt, if you didn't do what the white man said, you'd NEVER cross the street.
Post a Comment