Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memo from Carrie's imaginary assistant


Carolyn has some work to do--highly important, no-kidding-around work, but she promises she will carve out time to write and post interesting items soon. Very soon! So much going on in the world to talk about! Check back! There will be more exclamation points!

6 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

What, you can't spring for a computer for your assistant? She has to use a typewriter? And it looks like you don't even pay her enough to buy new clothes. Or take a color photo. You're such a tyrant!

Carrie M said...

But she looks so happy!

lectrice said...

It is my understanding that women were happy in general prior to the evil arrival of the Sexual Revolution. I base this on an in-depth investigation of such documentaries as "It Happened One Night", "My Man Godfrey", and "Philadelphia Story".

Also, they looked much more cool and capable with the hair and the makeup and the wasp-waisted dresses. Did these women ever sweat?

Eric said...

I've been waiting for a post about the recent New Yorker embroilment.

Is that how you use embroilment?

I'm just tired of saying "controversy."

Carrie M said...

Hmm, haven't heard anything about that. Controversy? What controversy?

:)

The New Yorker hasn't been funny since the days of E.B. White. Look what happens when they try for irony! I think the whole thing is unintentionally hilarious. There was a good story in the NY Times today that quoted all kinds of comedians about how hard it is to make jokes about Obama. Apparently Stephen Colbert is the only white comic for whom it works, because he's in character so there's that crucial distance.

Brian Hurley said...

But he's an Oreo. That's funny, right? There, I said it.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness