Thursday, July 17, 2008

Black in Bryant


Why has Michael Ian Black not aged at all in the past 15 years? Creepy. He was out giving a reading in Bryant Park yesterday afternoon and I hoofed it over there because he makes me laugh. (Don't know MIB? Download some episodes of "Stella," rent "Wet, Hot, American Summer," buy his new comedy CD, or turn on VH1. I applaud him for being proud of his work on "I Love the ___'s." Although I think he just likes the paycheck.) His new book, My Custom Van: And 50 Other Mind-Blowing Essays that Will Blow Your Mind All Over Your Face, features the dry, absurd, slightly adolescent humor we all love. And when you get bored at work, check out his very funny blog, on which he has called out first David Sedaris and now the obnoxious Tucker Max (I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell) in order to gin up publicity.

By the way, Black, who is 36 and appeals to what some might call a hipster crowd, does not in fact consider himself a hipster. But look at those shoes! Chocolate brown Pumas with lime green stripes?! Don't kid yourself, Michael.

P.S. I promise I am not a shill. I just think there's so very much bad comedy out there these days that people I like deserve attention.

2 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

I like how you insist in putting commas in the title of "Wet Hot American Summer." And how you say "gin up." Who says that? You're full of goodies.

Carrie M said...

The commas are because I didn't double-check the title. It has no commas? How very flowy.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness