Why does nobody tell me there will be a million people gathered a few blocks away from me to watch a parade?Fans Greet All Stars Along 18-Block Red Carpet
Why do I have to walk out and wonder why there are helicopters hovering overhead (which usually means nothing good)?
Maybe I should put down my book and watch the local news sometime. But come on, how 'bout a citywide memo: "Really neat thing happening during lunchtime," or "Avoid! Avoid! Many more pedestrians than even usual!" or something?
Photo of one of the MLB statues all over town by WallyG on Flickr.
8 comments:
Memo: something to blog about happening outside today.
While I was on my way to the interview today I caught sight of the mascots parading down 6th ave. To whom does the fat, happy friar belong? He was neat. Very jolly.
My guess? The Padres. Brian?
Hell yes, the Padres.
San Diego's mascot will kick all other baseball mascots' asses... at hoeing a garden, brewing ale, and chanting in a stone chapel.
Haha.
Funny, Brian.
I want to post your response on The Brothel.
May I?
If you do not reply within five minutes, I will take that as a "yes."
Whose team has a dragon or dinosaur mascot? That's the one I saw yesterday when I looked out the window.
I only knew about the parade myself because our building management e-mailed everyone a notice about the coming events on Tuesday--or in other words, a warning to avoid 6th Ave. pretty much all day.
Post a Comment