Sorry for all the photo-heavy posts, folks. I’m feeling too lazy to write anything substantive. So, more photos!
First, yesterday Brian and I strolled around lovely but chilly downtown Murphys. Here we are in the park. Yes, the only park.
Brian does not stop telecommunicating even while in a quaint rural town.
First, yesterday Brian and I strolled around lovely but chilly downtown Murphys. Here we are in the park. Yes, the only park.
Brian does not stop telecommunicating even while in a quaint rural town.

Here I am next to the ‘crick.’

A place I’ve spent much time contemplating things throughout my life. Like how cold it is outside.

For his part, Brian contemplates how well he matches my mother’s kitchen.

This morning, it was all snowy! Well, a little bit snowy. Enough to highlight the trunks of trees against the hillsides and to create mini-snowfalls as the clumps melted out of the branches. Very exciting. So we went out for a walk up the hill.
(By the way, don’t ever let them rent you a tomato-red car. It’s just obnoxious and slightly embarrassing.)

The end of our driveway where it hits Green Tree Road.

Any bushes can be pretty when covered in frostiness.

Table Top Mountain is beginning to be covered in fog as the clouds descend.

I swear there used to be more trees here. Not to be all NIMBY or anything, but I really resent the people who choose to move out to this wooded valley and then tear down all the vegetation. I get saddened by all the changes we’ve seen out here over thirty years.

Nice, manzanita tree.

Um, those are bear tracks, fresh ones.

Yup, definitely bear. Maybe we should walk a bit faster, Brian.

Over in the canyon by Peppermint Creek—amazing what trees and rocks can do to each other.

Last oak tree photo, I promise. This one comes with a barn!

Thanks for coming on our walk with us. I have to leave the foothills tomorrow. :(
5 comments:
Too funny-- especially about the bear tracks!
Your home is definitely more rural than mine! Nothing as exotic as bears in my section of East TN, merely a few coyotes.
Cool bear tracks. I never saw any bear tracks back there at home. I have seen bears up here though. The red car is pretty sweet. I like the sweatshirt matching the kitchen comment.
Thanks for posting Carolyn. I enjoy it.
What the heck is NIMBY? Not In My Backyard-y? Is that even an acronym, much less an adjective?
It is a not very accurate acronym, and now an adjective because I said so.
when did they cement the banks of murphys creek???? liked it better with real grass on the banks!!!
Post a Comment