On arriving at Home Depot, we are greeted by a delightful display of inflatable holiday characters you can buy for exorbitant prices. Somewhere in there is me.

Tree purchased, we begin the long journey home through the grimy, lamp-lit netherworld under the Gowanus Expressway.
Walking...
Walking…
Standing…
Walking…
Dunkin’ Donuts…
Standing on the median at big and scary Fourth Avenue at the end of our block. (Looking a smidge tired now.)
Almost there!

At last, home and decorated. Hooray!

(By the way, yes, I offered to help carry the tree, but the self-sufficient Brian refused. That's why I got to play paparazzi!)
4 comments:
You know, you could avoid all the hassle in the future and go for a plastic one... you don't have the pine smell or the sense of accomplishment from schlepping it halfway across Brooklyn, but it sure is convenient. Of course your tree is the only way I'll be able to vicariously enjoy the real tree experience, so just ignore that whole pitch for the plastic tree altogether. Love your tree. Can't wait to smell it :)
Chivalry (had to look it up to be sure of spelling) is not dead. An urban adventure.
I didn't know they had Home Depot back there.
You two are always so sweet. You go on great adventures and explorations just like I do, but you have someone to share it with. You are very lucky. I am on my third winter and holiday season alone in a row. I look forward to having a partner to share life with like you two someday. Hopefully before I am elderly.
YAY! It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment