I was so lucky to see the final show of “A Tale of Two Cities” yesterday afternoon. It was such a heartbreakingly short run, and after the curtain the whole cast had tears in their eyes. I really loved this show and I’m so sorry to see it go. The producer/writer had been working on it for 20 years, and my crush, James Barbour had worked on it for five, only to see the whole thing go bust after not even two months on Broadway.
Stupid economy. Stupid critics.
Anyway, I promise I won’t talk about this show anymore, (Eric), but here are a couple silly photos.
Here’s me at the stage door after Thursday night’s performance with the real James.
Stupid economy. Stupid critics.
Anyway, I promise I won’t talk about this show anymore, (Eric), but here are a couple silly photos.
Here’s me at the stage door after Thursday night’s performance with the real James.

And here’s me yesterday with James as Sydney Carton.

Au revoir, Tale!
3 comments:
I'm so thrilled you got to see the show again before it closed. The fickle nature of Broadway drives me nuts sometimes... I usually end up waiting too long in the hopes that ticket prices will go down, and then it never quuiiiiite drops enough before it's too late.
Let me know if there are any shows you're particularly interested in attending. I get teacher discounts on some stuff.
There needs to be more "Broadway in the Park" where you pass around the bucket after the shows... think of all the productions that could go on...
You are so adorable, carolyn. Now let's save up money to see August Osage County. Not sure how to punctuate that title.
Post a Comment