Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hubbub on 34th Street

How do you like my new header? Tasty, right?

So a couple nights ago I was wandering on back to my subway stop at Herald Square and I came upon police barriers holding back small crowds of people in front of Macy's. That spot of Broadway was all lit up with klieg lights, and people with headsets were scurrying around.

Apparently later that night there would be rehearsals for the big day—tomorrow's parade, which includes performances from Broadway shows. Now, I've always gotten up early to watch this parade, and while I think it's gotten entirely too commercialized (and teeny-bopper) of late, it's still pretty neat to have it all happening right down the street from my office.

Anyway, here are some photos of what it looks like as they are setting the stage. (Metaphorically. It's really just a street. You know what I mean.)



0 comments:

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness