Monday, November 26, 2007

Sunday in the cemetery with Brian

On Sunday Brian and I walked through Green-Wood Cemetery near our house to go tree-watching. It’s as much arboretum as resting place, and its 478 acres were carefully sculpted and landscaped when it was created in 1838.

It seems like we’ve missed the peak of the fall foliage, but there were some fabulous colors covering the ground. And Brian got to play his favorite new game, “Catch the Leaf.”

Here he is diving for one that got away.



If you look long enough, one will fall.



Got it!



Of course, the leaves take their revenge by surrounding Brian in a sea of churning red.


Meanwhile, I contemplate mortality, or just the fact that our long, relaxing weekend is coming to a close...

As the shadows fall across a road hidden by bright yellow ginkgo leaves.



Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Dude, that guy is a putz.

Carrie M said...

I think it's adorable.

A.Espinoza said...

God these pictures are great. Where the hell were these colors a few weeks ago?

Gina Espinoza said...

We missed out!! Looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and the feelings your pictures show. Brian, please don't grow up! I mean that in the best way.

PassingPerception said...

I love your imaginative narrative. "the leaves take their revenge by surrounding Brian in a sea of churning red" That Is about the last thing most people would say about a bunch of leaves. Good for you. I really enjoyed my fall leaves posts too. The day I did this post I was happier than I have been in a while.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness