Monday, November 19, 2007

Soup for you!

Yes, Brian, I intend to use this blog to comment on the world of ideas, politics, the media, and pressing issues of the day.

But it’s a rainy Monday and I don’t feel good, so instead you’re all getting a recipe for squash soup. Voila.

I made this for a soup-and-bread get-together yesterday, and I must say it’s one of my proudest culinary achievements in some time. Although squash (I used acorn) is a pain to cut up, the end result was delightful! I recommend making it if anyone ever has some spare time on a Sunday and a large enough pot.


(Not my photo—I don’t have bowls that nice. Or garnish, for that matter.)

2 comments:

A.Espinoza said...

Mmmm, that soup sounds really good. Isn't it great that it's finally soup weather? I use to do a similar recipe but with carrot, ginger, and cayenne pepper instead of squash.

If you're going to do more soup days I recommend matza ball soup in a box - I've been on a matza ball kick for a couple weeks now :)

Brian Hurley said...

Carrie do you think we could stop eating our liquids and solids separately and just have soup all the time? I mean, between the water and the chunky stuff, it's got everything you need right there. Also, soup will never chip your teeth. Also, you make a good soup.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness