One of the most thought-provoking aspects of Belize was the relative poverty, which was particularly evident in the countryside between towns. This house is representative of the way much of the population lives. (Taken out the bus window.)

Here’s me at Cahal Pech, a small, intimate, and incredibly peaceful Mayan site that we had almost entirely to ourselves.

Later, we visited the nearby Mayan site of Xunantunich. Here’s Brian contemplating life from atop El Castillo, the second-tallest structure in Belize, at 130 feet.

On our last day, we hiked through the jungle to a glorious cave full of Mayan artifacts, called Actun Tunichil Muknal. Here we are near the mouth of the cave, preparing to get very wet.
2 comments:
I did some research on that cave you guys went to. It seems amazing. Were you allowed to take photos there? I really want to see more of your trip. These posts are good but just like a tease.
I will send you a CD, but it won't have my explanations! Yes, ATM was amazing. (That's what everyone calls it.) I would put up more photos but I don't want to spoil it for Mama, who I will show all the pictures to at Christmas.
By the way, I love that profile photo of you. Very nice!
Post a Comment